Eph 4:11-13 KJV
(11) And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
(12) For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
(13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
What is the purpose of the five fold gifting? It is for the building up of the body of Christ. Does this mean smooth sermons that don't challenge the Church and only please mans ear? No. There are times when these giftings will bring correction by the Holy Spirit to ready the Church to meet Jesus our Bridegroom for that glorious wedding day in Heaven. In the hour of time we are in this purifying process is becoming more and more turned up in His fire. I believe the closer we get to His return the more intense this will become.
1Jn 3:2-3 KJV
(2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
(3) And every man that hath this hope in Him purifieth himself, even as He is pure.
You are loved in Jesus,
Pastors & Psalmist Gary and Rhonda Petzoldt
Lily Band Psalmist Ministry
Get the latest releases in Christan Music. Visit New Christan Music