Mar 10:28-31 KJV
(28) Then Peter began to say unto Him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed You.
(29) And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
(30) But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
(31) But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.
Do take note that Jesus did not rebuke Peter for his desiring to know what he will receive. He didn't say "Peter! How selfish of you to think of yourself like that!" No, instead He encouraged Peter that he would receive much more in this lifetime and in the one to come for leaving it all.
Jesus knew it best of what it meant to lay it all down. Our Holy Father is a rewarder of them who diligently seek after Him, and He is not a Father who withholds the blessings to those who choose to do so.
Psa 84:11-12 KJV
(11) For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.
(12) O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.
You are loved in Jesus,
Pastors & Psalmist Gary and Rhonda Petzoldt
Lily Band Psalmist Ministry
Get the latest releases in Christan Music. Visit New Christan Music